Thursday, November 11, 2010

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary to make a blog...

Whereas, friends near and far have recently requested that I do more to share some of my musical discoveries with them;
Whereas, I have a lot more time on my hands than I expected to, the Harvard Kennedy School notwithstanding;
and Whereas, reading blogs and Twitter has become part of my life whether I like it or not;

RESOLVED, that
I will henceforth endeavor to post and link to some of my favorite new songs on this blog for the world's listening enjoyment.

Fear not: despite the name, this blog will be utterly devoid of political punditry, claims as to which contemporary politicians are or are not Nazis, or discussions of Bristol Palin's possible 2036 Presidential campaign. I do, however, reserve the right to make repeated reference to George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic.

So sit back and enjoy - I plan on kicking this off with a countdown of my Top Ten Songs of 2010, which I will be putting up between now and New Year's Eve once I get the hang of the whole blog thing.


In the meantime, I leave you with a song that I just heard this morning by way of Gorilla vs. Bear... it's Brooklyn-based Twin Shadow (who is doing a show at the Middle East in Cambridge a week from today), remixed by South Carolinian producer Hard Mix... Not likely to crack the year's Top Ten, but guaranteed to get your head bobbing unless your boogie bone is broken.

Twin Shadow - Savannah Howl (Hard Mix Remix)

1 comment: